Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Most Treasured Christmas Decorations

We love Christmas around these parts.  Not only do we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior, we find joy in embellishing our little house from top to bottom with beautiful, festive decorations, many holding special memories from the past.  It's not unusual for someone to tell the story behind the making of a handmade ornament or craft, as it is pulled out of the box and placed in it's proper spot. 

Some of my most treasured Christmas decorations are these hand-made wooden spoon carolers, made from.....well.... old wooden spoons, of course!


Aren't they simply precious!  The part I love the most about them is that my mama and Aunt Bev hand made them.  Mama made their clothes and hair and Aunt Bev painted their faces.   I cherish them now more than ever, since my Aunt Bev passed away a couple of years ago.  I have a part of her....something that she created with her very own hands.  Oh how I miss that spunky little lady!

I LOVE the expressions on their faces.  Can't you just hear them singing now......


"Oh come all ye faithfullllllll......."
 
 
""Joyful, joyful we adore theeeee........""
 
 
"I am a poor boy too, 
Pa rum pum pum pummmmm....."
 
 
"And a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee....."
 
 
"Everybody all together now....give it all you got....take it up an octave....."
 
"Joy to the world! The Lord is come:
Let earth receive her King!
Let every heart prepare him room
And heaven and nature sing.....
And heaven and nature sing.....
And hea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ven and na-ture siiiinnnnngggg!"


 

"Ahem, we must maintain our composure in front of the ladies, son!"

"Places, places everyone!"

 
 
Now you understand why I treasure them so!


No comments:

Post a Comment